||[Jan. 15th, 2009|08:20 am]
Gluten Free/Casein Free
I tried this receipe this morning and it was scrumptious!
Delicious Gluten-Free Pancakes
"Makes fluffy pancakes with a consistency and taste comparable to those made with wheat flour. Serve with your choice of condiments."
|PREP TIME ||20 Min|
|COOK TIME ||15 Min|
|READY IN ||35 Min|
- 3 tablespoons and 1/2 teaspoon rice flour
- 1-3/4 teaspoons tapioca flour
- 1 tablespoon and 1/4 teaspoon potato starch
- 2-1/2 teaspoons dry buttermilk powder
- 1/4 packet sugar substitute
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 3/8 eggs
- 1-3/4 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/3 cup and 1 tablespoon water
- In a bowl, mix or sift together the rice flour, tapioca flour, potato starch, dry buttermilk powder, sugar substitute, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and xanthan gum. Stir in eggs, water, and oil until well blended and few lumps remain.
- Heat a large, well-oiled skillet or griddle over medium high heat. Spoon batter onto skillet and cook until bubbles begin to form. Flip, and continue cooking until golden brown on bottom. Serve immediately with condiments of your choice.